[Tagging] Seasonal, intermittent, and ephemeral water tags

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Sat May 19 07:51:10 UTC 2018

Sounds like candidates for:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/floodplain

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:flood_prone

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse=basin

Depending if natural or man made.

The floodplain proposal definitely needs more work, I don’t think it belongs in the natural namespace (as it conflicts with tagging the same area as natural=scrub or something like that).

And the sub properties should probably use the by now well established : syntax instead of _

floodplain sort of implies intermittent, and I would say in many cases this might be a better classification than putting down a (seldom existing) lake area with intermittent=yes.