[Tagging] marking shop as street vendor

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed May 23 00:32:52 UTC 2018

> Some street vendors appear in one place regularly, so it makes sense to
> map them as shops.
>
> But at the same time it makes sense to
> mark them specially, as it makes clear
> that outside opening hours there may
> be little to no evidence that one may buy
> anything there.
>
> I looked at taginfo and found nothing
> interesting, so I used street_vendor=yes
> for objects that I mapped.

what is your criterion for the property? Someone standing always at the
same spot with a barbecue and sausages attached to his body? A temporary
structure or even a plaid with the merchandise on it, that gets removed
every evening? A structure that is not a solid building (e.g. no foundation
but standing on the road) selling newspapers?

Cheers,
Martin