[Tagging] Sample tagging for highways with no lane markings

Selfish Seahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Wed May 23 07:27:23 UTC 2018

On 23 May 2018 at 08:07, José G Moya Y. <josemoya at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Martin:I don't want to be a troll, but I feel there is some inconsistence
> between answers in this thread and answers in cycle:lanes last week.

Exactly. I too prefer to not dilute the current definition of the
lanes key because it corresponds to what a lane is:

'A division of a road marked off with painted lines ...'
(https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/lane)

On 22 May 2018 at 19:45,  <osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au> wrote:
> Personally, I tend to tag roads that are wide enough for 2 lanes (two cars can pass each other without noticeably slowing down) and which are clearly meant to be two lane (one lane each direction) roads with:
>
> lanes=2
> divider=no

This is subjective. If two cars can pass there, this doesn't also mean
that two buses or lorries can pass (or a bus/lorry and a car).