[Tagging] RFC proposed water property key 'ephemeral '

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Thu May 24 08:17:33 UTC 2018

The way I interpret it:

The default state (no tags) is:

water always flows

The seasonal, intermittent and ephemeral tags says

For these times, the explicit state is: the water always flows, is intermittent, or is ephemeral

For all other times, the default state is: the water never flows

Explicit state always overwrites default state.

The only thing left to specify now is the priority of the 3 keys. If two or more of them overlap in their explicit state for the same timeframe, which one has priority, or is it simply considered a tagging error?