[Tagging] RFC proposed water property key 'ephemeral '

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Fri May 25 04:25:44 UTC 2018

That is actually pretty strongly dependant on El Nino:

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/updates/articles/a008-el-nino-and-australia.shtml

The shift in rainfall away from the western Pacific, associated with El Niño, means that Australian rainfall is usually reduced through winter–spring, particularly across the eastern and northern parts of the continent.

Nine of the ten driest winter–spring periods on record for eastern Australia occurred during El Niño years.

vs. La Nina:

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/updates/articles/a020.shtml

The increased rainfall and cloudiness in the western Pacific associated with La Niña usually means above-average winter–spring rainfall for Australia, particularly across the east and north.

The six wettest winter–spring periods on record for eastern Australia occurred during La Niña years.