[Tagging] roundtrip

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Fri May 25 12:00:49 UTC 2018

I think circular is used to indicate that the vehicle in the end returns at
the same point. I don't think the actual shape of the route matters. How
would it be called in British Enhglish if the vehicle returns at the same
point, only by a different route, in order to serve more boarding points?

2018-05-25 13:43 GMT+02:00 Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk>:

> On 25 May 2018 at 06:48, Peter Elderson <pelderson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What is the use of the key:roundtrip?
> > Explanations just say
> >> roundtrip=yes/no(optional) Use roundtrip=no to indicate that a route
> goes from
> >> A to B. Use roundtrip=yes to indicate that the start and finish of the
> route are
> >> at the same location (circular route).
> This seems badly named, or badly described. A vehicle that goes from A
> to B, then returns along the reverse route to A, is said in British
> English to perform a "round trip".
> A vehicle that completes a (approximately) circular route to arrive
> back at its starting point is NOT called a "round trip", whether or
> not it performs that circuit just once, or multiple times.
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing
> http://pigsonthewing.org.uk
> _______________________________________________
> Tagging mailing list
> Tagging at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/tagging

Vr gr Peter Elderson
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20180525/087f6162/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list