[Tagging] marking shop as street vendor

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat May 26 08:49:31 UTC 2018

25. May 2018 22:38 by dieterdreist at gmail.com <mailto:dieterdreist at gmail.com>:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 25. May 2018, at 19:59, Mateusz Konieczny <>> matkoniecz at tutanota.com <mailto:matkoniecz at tutanota.com>>> > wrote:
>>
>> I attempted to improve definition, and I ended with
>>
>> "shop that is completely or almost completely dismantled outside its opening hours."
>

> the term “street” also suggests the shop is outside

It gets trickier than expected as in some cases there are roofs

over marketplace/street that are typical trading places...

I would count covered street as not "outside" but people selling there

without permanent shops would still be street vendors for me.

I added some pictures to

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/street_vendor%3Dyes <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/street_vendor%3Dyes>

in attempt to help better define/explain tag.