[Tagging] roundtrip

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat May 26 10:10:27 UTC 2018

I would like to wrap this up, without a formal proposal process, if there
is no fundamental objection.
Afterwards, I will announce it in the Dutch community and arrange the
re-tagging of existing usage.

I suggest:

* Update the wiki page for key: roundtrip, to reflect the correct meaning,
and advize to use circular_route=yes or route:circular=yes (2Bdecided).
Whether or not the redefined key:roundtrip is still useful or should be
deprecated, can be decided later. It does not matter to me, at this point.

* Add a page for the new key:circular_route=yes|no or
route:circular=yes|no, to indicate that a route is to be regarded as
circular/linear (no matter if it's a closed route on the map or not).

If other route variants are foreseen, maybe route:circular=yes|no is better?

Details about context and use cases can be added and modified through the
talk-pages.

Allright?

> On 25/05/18 21:31, Peter Elderson wrote:
>
> It's an example. But we are not alone...
>

> Same in Sydney Australia - billed on entry and exit points .. not on how
> long you have been inside the  transport system system.
> Some 'homeless' use it as a warm dry resting place, doing long round
> trips.

>>> How would that be applicable in Nederland, where PT uses one type of
>>> chipcard for all voyages and payment is based on distance travelled between
>>> check-in and check-out, no matter the route or vehicle?
>>>

>> isn't this offtopic? Why would we care if the Dutch PT tariffing can deal
>> with roundtrips or not?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin

> --