[Tagging] RFC proposed water property key 'ephemeral '

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Sun May 27 09:45:24 UTC 2018

On Sunday 27 May 2018, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

> I attempted to add something from this very useful summary to wiki in

Yes, saw it.

One problem about this proposal is that it implies the proposed tag and
intermittent=* are mutually exclusive.  This as said simply clashes
with the current reality of tagging.

Creating a supplemental tag (ephemeral=yes or intermittent=ephemeral or
anything else) would seem fine to me if it is well defined what it
means and if there is a clear warning on verifiability (i.e. that you
should only use it if you have realiable local knowledge of the
ephemeral nature).

By the way about 100k of the 150k features with a seasonal=* tag also
have an intermittent tag and the ~50k which do not include all the
seasonal roads etc.  So seasonal=* is for water features mostly used as
a supplemental tag to intermittent=*.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/