[Tagging] marking shop as street vendor

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 13:20:59 UTC 2018

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 9:49 AM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

> 26. May 2018 10:56 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:
>
> It should be now covered by
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/
> street_vendor%3Dyes#Definition

I mentioned this on the discussion page a few days ago (partly as an
experiment to
see if anyone reads discussion pages): the examples ought to explicitly
mention
outdoor market stalls.  They are usually regulated and are, in many places,
more
common than other types of street vendor.  One town I used to live in had
permanent
outdoor market stalls and (if I remember correctly what happened 40 years
ago) the
canvas canopies were rolled up and tied when not in use, but that was the
limit of
disassembly.  What happens in the town where I now live is there is a
market hall
(so the traders inside are not street vendors) but it and adjacent
buildings enclose
a public square where temporary market stalls are occasionally erected on
demand
(so unmappable because they're ephemeral and not assigned to specific
traders).

--
Paul