[Tagging] roundtrip

osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.tagging at thorsten.engler.id.au
Mon May 28 05:47:52 UTC 2018

The real question, which as far as I can tell you haven’t answered, is: Does that same vehicle, after completing its route, start at the beginning of the same route again?

Based on your description, the route as mapped is A1->B->C->D->E->A2.

Can I get on at E, stay on the vehicle, and get off at B? (In which case I would expect that after finishing at A2, the vehicle goes to A1, and you can remain on board during that time. A2 may be (but doesn’t have to) an “exit only” and A1 and “entry only” stop).

If yes, then it is roundtrip=yes. And you shouldn’t just remove an existing tag that actually applies.

If no, then the roundtrip=yes is wrong and should be removed.