[Tagging] marking shop as street vendor

José G Moya Y. josemoya at gmail.com
Mon May 28 05:51:15 UTC 2018

Three years ago I read about rules for street vendors in my city, Madrid.
The rules design as "street vendors" a mix of:

a) Newsagent kiosks and similar (ONCE kiosks). Most of them are permanent,
not dismantled at night.
b) Churro/french fries/hot dog vans/kiosks. They operate on winter only,
some of them are not dismantled.
c) Mellon and watermellon kiosks. They operate on summer only.
d) street markets.
All of these have to apply in order to operate, and they are always
"parked" at the same point. A list of all them is issued once per year.

Despite this, many other "street vendors" operate out of official rules,
either applying for a yearly event or asking permission on a per-event
basis. These other vendors (including most hipster street food vans) are
not considered "street vendors" on city regulations.

And there are also the allegal-illegal street vendors, such piracy
merchandise vendors and homemade tamal vendors, not covered by any
regulation.

P.D. Enviado desde un móvil (celular). Disculpe las erratas. No veo bien la
pantalla...