[Tagging] new role for route relations: reverse

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Mon May 28 13:24:23 UTC 2018

Hi,

A few days ago I helped Paul Allen with mapping some bus routes. During one
of these itineraries, the bus has to do something totally counterintuitive,
twice!
It has to back up in reverse to get out of a cul-de-sac. The obvious way to
solve this to me is to double the way it starts reversing on, then the side
street it backs in to, then that side street again and then the sequence of
streets it followed into that pickle in reverse order.

For the streets where the bus backs up in reverse, I would like to add a
role=reverse. This should not conflict with the recently proposed
role hail-and-ride, as I can't imagine one would be able to board the
vehicle while it's backing up. It will always be on a way that is in the
relation twice, so hail-and-ride can still be set on those ways where the
bus drives forward.

Polyglot