[Tagging] marking shop as street vendor

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 16:49:08 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

open_air_vendor and outdoor_vendor are also problematic as my intention

> was to include also vendors  that operate under roofs and I expect that in
>
> some places there are pernament shops that are outdoors.

I'd say that open_air and outdoor are equally applicable to areas that have
rooves but lack sides.  A roof may provide protection from rain but it
doesn't
provide protection from rain.  Or from thieves.

and something like

> dismantable_vendor=yes or disappearing_vendor=yes or may_be_not_present=*
>
> and my other ideas were even worse.

The wording could be better.  And I'd go for outdoor_vender=something rather
than proliferate tags.  What those words would be don't immediately spring
mind, but I expect somebody will think of something (if there's actually
value to
mapping it in the first place).

There's something else to consider.  Seasonal kiosks.  There's a kiosk in my
town that sells tickets for boat trips.  The kiosk is there overnight and
has doors/
windows that can be locked (but I wouldn't leave anything valuable in it
unattended).  At some times of year it's not there at all.  It doesn't
count as
open_air or outdoor, but it's a street vendor.

It all gets so complicated.

--
Paul