[Tagging] random lawns and uncontrolled shrubs tagged as leisure=garden

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon May 28 17:14:43 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 28. May 2018, at 17:54, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:
>
> Currently garden on wiki at
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dgarden is described as
> not just any place where plants grow but as requiring it at least planned.
>
> Despite that people frequently use it for areas that include nothing more
> than standard lawns (like at
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tiny_homes_-_Davey_Crescent_-_geograph.org.uk_-_755400.jpg
> )

leisure=garden is used for different kind of gardens, there is a sub categorization available with garden:style and garden:type
most garden:types are residential:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/garden:type#values

For this kind of garden my criterion would be that it belongs to a residence/dwelling. I would not insist that the garden structure is planned (but generally the fact that there is a space dedicated as a garden, will be planned).

cheers,
Martin