[Tagging] Seasonal, intermittent, and ephemeral water tags

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Tue May 29 15:14:24 UTC 2018

> On May 29, 2018, at 4:36 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 29. May 2018, at 12:50, Andrew Davidson <theswavu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> assuming that people would think that natural=wetland + stream=ephemeral would look odd--otherwise no need for a new key).
>

> on which kind of object would you tag this? Usually a stream is mapped on a linear way, a wetland on an area.

There are also springs that are perennial, seasonal, intermittent, etc. Wiki shows those as being mapped as either points or areas.

It might be generally useful to have a tag that can be used for more than just water features. One example: I know of a place where portable toilets and trash bins are located every year for the winter sports season and removed in spring. I don’t know of a way to map those. Opening hours doesn’t work as that is for places that exist all the time but only are open during specified hours. A generic tag indicating when the feature is likely to be present could be used for both water features and other non-water features.