[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Refilling a purchased drink

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 09:36:30 UTC 2018

Am Sa., 29. Sep. 2018 um 17:29 Uhr schrieb bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com>:

> > I am strongly against tagging the business practice how often a _paid_
> glass of
> > beverage is being refilled
> >

> Could you please clarify what policy this would violate that makes you
> disapprove?

it is basically a way of giving a discount to customers. Would you also
want to add special offers of your supermarket, like buy one get one free?
Without putting the price for the first (paid) glass in relation to usual
prices, the information about free refills is worthless. E.g. if a glass of
$SOFTDRINK is sold for 5 EUR and you can get up to 2 refills it is still
more expensive than a place where a glass of $SOFTDRINK is sold for 1 EUR.

I am not sure there is (already) a policy, but I believe there is general
agreement not to tag the price structure of shops or other amenities,
unless it is a single fee (like for parking).
For me, this is kind of an edge case here, I would be willing to accept the
tag, but I can see the arguments against it.

Cheers,
Martin