[Tagging] Default Language Format; language:default or default:language?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 09:52:12 UTC 2018

There are much better food options than McDonald’s in Thailand!
Actually I believe use the original, English brand name on the signs there.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=
แมคโดนัลด์%20chang%20mai#map=19/18.78375/99.00043

Fortunately, Nominatum will find you things in Thailand even if you search
in English, as long as people have added a name:en or an international name
in Latin script.
Eg name:th=แมคโดนัลด์ and name:en=McDonald’s for the examples above. The
local operator=McThai ! www.mcthai.co.th :-)

Joseph