[Tagging] My "weirdly unnatural aversion to relations"

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 2 10:18:03 UTC 2018

Hi

Please be aware OSM is geospatially aware. Your example should have a
boundary from which any amenity within can be determined.

I've noticed an increase in the unnecessary use relations in the belief
they're the only way to 'collect things together'. The 'site' type is
just one example. It appears the public transport schema is a major
contributor to this misuse.

Even the wiki for 'site' gives a fake example.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Types_of_relation#Established_relations

Cheers
DaveF