[Tagging] Ignore roundabout flare in counting

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 16:33:55 UTC 2018

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 09:12, Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 10:46:08PM +0200, SelfishSeahorse wrote:
> > On Friday, October 5, 2018, Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de> wrote:
> > > Is there tagging to let announcements ignore that flare?
> >
> > I think that if the driveway is tagged highway=service, this should be
> > enough information for the routeing engine to ignore it. Besides there
> > might be people that don't want the driveway to be ignored.
>
> What about roundabouts only with services? Private property, military,
> industrial complexes? No voice guidance there?

The voice guidance could tell you to take the xth service exit.

Or in your example [1] if you come from SW on Groppeler Stra├če and
want to go into the driveway, it could announce: 'take the service
exit next to the 2nd exit' or 'drive into the driveway next to the 2nd
exit'.

[1]: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/51.90770/8.26519

Apparently, OSMR already skips service roads when counting roundabout
exits. In that example, travelling from SW to NW, it says: 'At
roundabout take 3rd exit onto Tecklenburger Weg'. However, when
travelling from SW into the driveway, it also counts the driveway as
3rd exit: 'At roundabout take 3rd exit onto unnamed road'. This could
be optimised.

> I rather go for an explicit tagging to exclude flares in counting as
> long as you dont enter or leave the roundabout at that road.

In my opinion all the information for the routing engines is already
there -- i don't know how this should be tagged differently.

Regards
Markus