[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Free drinking water by private entities

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 20:04:14 UTC 2018

Well, drive_through=yes should implicate takeaway=yes and
drive_through=only should implicate takeaway=only in real life, so
takeaway=* is redundant in such a case.

Also, it is strange that takeaway is not mentioned on the wiki page of
drive_through.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:drive_through
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:drive_in

Indeed the wiki page describes places that should be tagged with takeaway=only:

>>The key takeaway=* is mostly used with the value yes on eateries to indicate that customers can purchase a meal to be consumed elsewhere. Other values in use are only and no. In American English, this is known as 'take-out', 'to-go', and 'carry-out'.<<
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:takeaway

So `takeaway=yes` is being mistagged worldwide and is really meant to
flag a kind of fast_food outlet where you can not consume your food in
place, or at least there are no chairs to sit on? This should have
been probably put under another top level tag, something like
shop=meal/fast_food/etc.

Or should `takeaway=no` be understood simply as a place that does not
regularly keep plastic containers for purchases (though they would
probably pack away food into our own containers), and `takeaway=yes`
means that packaging materials are available?