[Tagging] Combined waste/recycling bins

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:29:26 UTC 2018

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 5:09 PM marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Le 09. 10. 18 à 16:30, Paul Allen a écrit :
> > How to tag?
>
> amenity=recycling
> recycling:cans=yes
> recycling:paper=yes

So far, so good.

recycling:PET=yes or recycling:plastic_bottles=yes

It's neither of those.  The plastic type isn't specified and it's not just
for bottles.  It may well
be the case that everything deposited is a PET bottle, but it need not be.

recycling:waste=yes

Umm, waste doesn't get recycled.  That's why it's waste.  One half of it is
a mixed-recycling
container and the other half is a container for non-recyclable rubbish.

> > only one of them would be rendered
>
> feel free to find/create/publish a icon that show the different types
> accepted by a container.

I think that's overkill.  It would be difficult (probably impossible) to
produce a legible icon for each
combination.  The best that might be possible is something incorporating
the current waste
receptacle icon with a recycling icon.  And I have my doubts about that
(it's certainly beyond my
artistic talents).

I just thought of something else.  People in that same village keep saying
that there aren't enough
doggy poo receptacles.  So their county council (but not mine, that I've
seen) provides containers for
specifically that kind of waste and no other.

If you're a tourist with a dog, you probably want to know about all three
kinds of receptacle.

--
Paul