[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Telecom local networks

Lionel Giard lionel.giard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 10:49:23 UTC 2018

In this proposal we use "telecom" key, but i would like to know what is the
limit/definition of this key ? Does it englobe internet provider, tv
provider and mobile provider (even if the company does only one of them
which is rarer today) ? Or only some of those ?

My question come from the wiki page about street_cabinet (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dstreet_cabinet#Street_cabinet_categories
) where the values of "street_cabinet" tag can be "telecom" and "cable_tv"
as two different values. Would it be preferable to merge them into
"telecom" ? As to me telecom means "telecomunication" which englobe TV,
internet and mobile.