[Tagging] Game and toy library

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:11:51 UTC 2018

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 06:49, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd go with amenity=toy_library and the sub-tags, or maybe not even bother
> with the sub-tags.

Not arguing!, but going back to my question about Family History libraries,
I wonder whether a lot of the confusion about "what's in this "library""
wouldn't be sorted by the name?

Assume for one moment that everything is tagged as amenity=library, with
sub-tags lending=yes, toys=no, games=yes, family_history=no etc.

I can see that just the standard "book" library icon showing would cause
some confusion, but if this library is named "Southport Public Library",
while this one a bit further down the road is "Fun & Games", then* I* at
least know which one I'm going to go into to to borrow some books to read,
& which one has games!

Thanks

Graeme