[Tagging] Dispensing vs vending (Was: Combined waste/recycling bins)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:27:20 UTC 2018

Am Do., 11. Okt. 2018 um 11:03 Uhr schrieb marc marc <
marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com>:

> this info is already in the fee tag no ?

it is a contradiction.

> yes the word vending is not perfect when it's for free (in fact
> it's paid for by taxes)

it is not only "not perfect", it is completely wrong. Either you buy
something or you get it for free, both is not possible at the same time.

> So did you want to duplicate the fee in the vending<>dispensing value or
> move all 100k+ vending* to dispensing* ?

no, I would remove only those from "vending", which are not about vending.
E.g. parcels and excrement bags. Those that are about dispensers could get
a dispensing tag, those that offer completely different services like
parcel drop off should get proper tags that describe the thing.
Shall we wait until it is millions?
What we have currently is tagging for the renderer, laziness to develop
appropriate tags, or whatever. It is not only ugly, it is misleading and
self-contradictory.

Cheers,
Martin