[Tagging] Game and toy library

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 11:54:21 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:13 PM Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 06:49, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'd go with amenity=toy_library and the sub-tags, or maybe not even
>> bother with the sub-tags.
>>

> Not arguing!, but going back to my question about Family History
> libraries, I wonder whether a lot of the confusion about "what's in this
> "library"" wouldn't be sorted by the name?

`1) What's your design for a generic "This institution lends things of some
sort, possibly charging
for a rental fee" that covers book libraries, toy libraries, tool hire...

2) In some cases a library (of whatever sort) may be in a cluttered area so
there is no room
to render the name, just the icon.  So even if you can come up with a
suitable generic icon,
you don't know what kind of lending institution it is.  At least with
amenity=library, amenity=toy_library,
etc. you can have different icons.

--
Paul