[Tagging] Opening hours too long for OSM

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Oct 12 18:43:23 UTC 2018

Am 12.10.2018 um 18:37 schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/12/2018 12:54 PM, Tobias Knerr wrote:
>> I agree that this problem calls for a general solution, as it's not
>> specific to opening hours.
>
> Or can we afford to just skip mapping that detail?

It is all fine and dandy for us to abstractly discuss such things, it is
another to explain to Josephine mapper that no, the opening hours of the
shop you want to map are one character too long and you need to map less
detail. I just don't believe that "map less detail" is a concept that
you will be able to convey to a majority of contributors and trying to
do is likely futile.  The trend is simply the consequence of progressing
from the rough to the detailed.