[Tagging] Opening hours too long for OSM

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 22:45:10 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 11:24 PM Allroads <allroadsworld at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/opening-hours/opening_hours.js/issues/270
> Thinking loud, I like a set of subcategories.
> Basic set for a year, others for the fast change.
> I find this a practical understandable solution.

Until I took a look at the github issue you raised, I thought your proposal
was totally
incomprehensible.  Having read the github issue I now think it impractical
and unworkable.

Computerized data consumers like apps can handle it.  Mappers and people
using the map
query tool will not find it so easy.  It doesn't cope with seasonal hours
well if there are more
than two divisions in the year.  Mappers may end up revising the yearly
entry when they should
have modified the other entry and vice versa.

--
Paul