[Tagging] Dispensing vs vending (Was: Combined waste/recycling bins)

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:50:03 UTC 2018

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 at 17:03, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> > amenity=parcel_station
> > parcel_station:send=yes/no
> > parcel_station:receive=yes/no
>

> +1, would be fine for me.
> or amenity=parcel_machine?

I'm indifferent to the tag name. Other possibilities are parcel locker
or parcel terminal. Some statistics from Google:

"parcel locker": about 200.000 results
"parcel terminal": about 153.000 results
"parcel station": about 109.000 results
"parcel machine": about 41.400 results

Maybe parcel locker is the most descriptive one.

> I believe packstation is a trademark

In any case it seems that only DHL (Germany) uses this term. (I've
never heard it. They're called 'My Post 24' in CH.)

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 at 17:40, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> maybe it would be better to use more universally applicable tags like
> parcel:sending
> parcel:pickup

Good idea!

Regards