[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Default Language Format

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:23:31 UTC 2018

>     Are there lots of POIs in Brussels that have a name in both
>     languages in the database <...>?

what's Marc G. mean is that a Mc Donalds in Brussels (as nearly
everywhere) nearly never have a name:fr nor a name:nl
only a name=Mc Donald (bad ex, it's a brand, but I still use this one).

this is the case for the majority of restaurants, bars, office
that have a unique name often in the language of their creator.
Marc G. fears that he will have to add default:language on each of those
objects because otherwise the tag on the region tell that their name
is in fr:nl and that's wrong.

if we wanted to describe the situation perfectly, it would look like
default:Language="fr;nl @ highway;operator:type=public)"
because only those name follow the rule but imho that's overkill.
other name have no Language rule at all.