[Tagging] Greengrocer vs grocery vs shop=food?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:45:31 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 17. Oct 2018, at 15:22, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:
>
> Is WIkipedia definition
>
> "A delicatessen or deli is a retail establishment that sells a selection of unusual or
> foreign prepared foods"
>
> correct?
>
> Because in that case this shop would be exact opposite. Pierogi are one of the most
> traditional meal and are quite popular.

from the Italian situation I would not see this definition fit. Most deli shops around here (by quality, selection and price) sell Italian food. e.g. [1]
An interesting edge case is Eataly, which is kind of a deli supermarket with restaurants between the shelves.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=eataly
(ignoring the restaurants inside with the same name).

Cheers, Martin

[1] was first added as supermarket https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4370085890/history
https://www.volpetti.com/en/
admittedly they also refer to international cuisine on their website but if you enter the shop you’ll not notice these at first.