[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Default Language Format

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:50:11 UTC 2018

Since not every feature has a name in both languages, database users should
consider =fr;nl to mean “French name, Dutch name, or both”; so it’s an
AND/OR operation.

This way there is no need to add a separate default:language tag for any
feature that have either a name:fr= tag or a name:nl= tag, or both.

I believe this should work for a large majority of named features even in a
multilingual, cosmopolitan city like Brussels.

In most places it will be much simpler.