[Tagging] Power=cable for low voltage lines?

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 15:40:31 UTC 2018

Le jeu. 18 oct. 2018 à 16:58, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com> a
écrit :

> I think about power=line as "cables on massive towers/poles visible from
> far away"
>
> I think about powe=minor_line as "cables on small poles/tiny towers"

And there is a world between those two.
Things aren't so binary, supports aren't designed only regarding the line
they carry but on the environment too.
To cross a valley, a so called small line can pass over big towers,
depending on how wide the valley is.
Such data should go on supports themselves, not on the supported line.

By the way, since we all agree on the start question of this thread, I've
created this issue :
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/3460

All the best

François