[Tagging] Hot springs and Geysers

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 01:45:34 UTC 2018

Some hot springs just look like
regular springs. But hot springs in volcanic areas are often sulfuric and
may have heavy mineral content. The picture on the wiki page shows an
impressive example. Others are boiling “mud pots”.

I didn’t find any uses of alternative tagging of natural=spring with
spring=hot or spring=hot_spring on Overpass Turbo, and the combinations
listed with natural=spring by Taginfo do not show anything hot-spring
related (though there may be something with less than 1000 uses)

I don’t see any tags with natural=spring and spring=geyser on overpass
turbo either.