[Tagging] Upcoming removal of power=station and power=sub_station in the standard style

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Mon Oct 22 16:40:05 UTC 2018

W dniu 22.10.2018 o 18:17, Mateusz Konieczny pisze:
> I agree that manual review  of anything improbes map, but I am not sure
>
> why mistagged power=sub_station is better or worse than mistagged
>
> power=substation

I think that in this case automatic update is a victim of general
thinking about automated edits. When the decision is needed, automated
edits should be banned, but there's no need for deciding anything.

Trying to do both scheme update and everything-else-by-the-way is bad,
because manual review is of course possible after automated update, and
waiting for manual action causes long term tag fragmentation.

--
"Excuse me, I have some growing up to do" [P. Gabriel]