[Tagging] mast / tower / communication_tower (again)

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:01:41 UTC 2018

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 at 16:07, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:

> The guy wires or not is made into the main thing here, but it's really a detail.

Obviously, from a certain height, tall cylindrical structures like
masts need guy-wires for stabilisation. Otherwise, they need a larger
diameter or a conical shape. Thus, the presence of guy-wires is an
indicator for masts but not a requirement.

Imho, the current definition on the wiki according to which a tower
has internal access or platforms is practical and quite sensible.

Regarding the unclear man_made=communications_tower tag, nobody wrote
that she or he is opposed to deprecating it. Do we still need a
deprecation proposal? (Note that it wasn't introduced by a proposal.)

Regards
Markus