[Tagging] Out of the bars and onto the map: An lgbtq:*=* tagging scheme?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 21:10:47 UTC 2018

I've seen & wondered about the "gay" classification on places before.

When going on holidays & checking accommodation / travel guides for
options, you often see a number of hotels / motels which are listed as "gay
friendly". Does this mean only gays stay there / a majority of guests are
straight but gays are also welcome or what?

To me, with a young family, it's always meant that we're not staying at
that place!

Thanks

Graeme