[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (consulate)

Allan Mustard allan at mustard.net
Thu Oct 25 17:01:55 UTC 2018

Good point. Many embassies and consulates are an office in an office building, not an area. I represent them with a node in my mapping of Ashgabat (see the Embassy of Qatar in Ashgabat). Landuse is thus not a good solution, I fear.

There is also the issue of multiple sites for an embassy (in Ashgabat my embassy has four locations, two of which are offices in office buildings). I mapped those two as nodes and tagged amenity=embassy. Seems to work.

If there is no consensus yet on an alternative, for now I will leave the proposal as amenity=consulate since that matches amenity=embassy. We still have lots of time to consider alternatives, however! Any new ideas?

apm-wa

Sent from my iPhone