[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (consulate)

Allan Mustard allan at mustard.net
Fri Oct 26 01:54:34 UTC 2018

On reflection landuse=* is probably not a good approach since many
embassies and consulates are not stand-alone buildings on a parcel of
land, but rather are offices in an office building (flats in a block of
flats as Andrew wrote).  See for example the Embassy of Qatar in
Ashgabat, which occupies office space in a business center, and is
mapped as a node (point) inside the way that represents the business
center.  It is one of many (there are two more in that business
center).  The business center at the Ak Altyn Hotel houses three
embassies.  Each is a node inside the way that is the business center.

apm-wa