[Tagging] mast / tower / communication_tower (again)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:06:26 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 26. Oct 2018, at 01:57, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
>
> for all things which are not buildings and basically exist to support
> antennas, and avoid the tower/mast word choice, which is pretty clearly
> contentious and/or confusing.

what about this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Killesberg_Tower.jpg

Actual tagging is even more weird, or does anyone recognize a mansard roof here?
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/306362151

this is not a building, neither by the German nor by the English definition, but at least for Germans it is a tower.
I would not require for towers to be a building (which at a minimum should provide some enclosed space).

Cheers, Martin