[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:27:41 UTC 2018

Am Fr., 26. Okt. 2018 um 11:21 Uhr schrieb Robert Skedgell <
rob at hubris.org.uk>:

> I wonder if it's possible differentiate between a normal traffic signal
> controlled crossing, an uncontrolled zebra crossing and the type of
> crossing you describe using appropriate values of traffic_sign=* ?

maybe, generally I would prefer to distinguish between vertical traffic
signs and road markings in our tagging, as the former take precendence over
markings.
Often there are also other signs on traffic signal controlled
intersections, like stop or give way signs, which only go into effect in
the case of the traffic lights turned off (common situation in Germany).
Maybe someone is interested in finding a solution for these as well, or
maybe it already exists?

Cheers,
Martin