[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Fri Oct 26 10:44:04 UTC 2018

On 26.10.2018 09:28, SelfishSeahorse wrote:
> What about tagging the presence or absence of traffic signals with a
> subkey, e.g. crossing:traffic_signals=yes/no?

Why should we invent a new subtagging scheme when we already have one with crossing=* + crossing_ref=* ?

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 01:19, Bryan Housel <bhousel at gmail.com> wrote:
 > - `crossing=unmarked` which is labeled “Unmarked Crossing”

Tagging "unmarked crossings" does not make sense for me. An unmarked crossing is defined in OSM by a
road and a footway sharing a node, there is no need for a tag here, as there is nothing special.

Otherwise I would need to set a node every meter on the road, tagging it "unmarked crossing" because
I can cross the road everywhere.

And I hate it when the satnav announces a warning for the upcoming crossing, and there comes nothing
the requires extra attention.

tom