[Tagging] unmarked crossing, tactile paving, lowered kerbs / was: 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Fri Oct 26 15:00:09 UTC 2018

On 26.10.2018 16:41, Robert Skedgell wrote:
> On 26/10/18 11:44, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
>> Tagging "unmarked crossings" does not make sense for me. An unmarked
>> crossing is defined in OSM by a road and a footway sharing a node, there
>> is no need for a tag here, as there is nothing special.
>
> An unmarked crossing may have no road markings or signs, but if there is
> tactile paving and/or a raised/lowered/flush kerb on the footway
> (sidewalk), how else would one tag it?

These are clearly markings for me, the tactile pavings are typically white and even visible in
aerial imagery. Thus "unmarked crossing" is wrong. The tag is tactile_paving=*, used 300k.

The question is then, should they be mapped on the road or where they are, at the kerb?

For the lowered kerbs, they should be mapped as lowered kerbs, there is a tag for them,
kerb=lowered, used 100k.

tom