[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

Robert Skedgell rob at hubris.org.uk
Fri Oct 26 15:07:26 UTC 2018

On 26/10/18 15:39, SelfishSeahorse wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 at 16:14, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> we generally do not map road markings, we don’t map the divider lines
between lanes, we don’t map diagonally striped areas where traffic can’t
go, we don’t map stop lines, we don’t map any road markings, why’s there
so much focus on the road markings in this thread?

> Because road markings at crossings tell pedestrians if they have right
> of way or not.

Because, at least in the UK, they are legally defined as traffic signs,
failure to comply with which may be a criminal offence.