[Tagging] Wastewater Plants

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Oct 26 23:16:47 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 2:36 PM Fran├žois Lacombe <fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> That's a good idea, other components of wastewater treatement plants
> should be mapped the same way
> Nevertheless, man_made isn't appropriate for that.
>
> wastewater=* or at least water=* should be used for such values, shouldn't
> you?
>
> wastewater as a key is used 100 times according to  taginfo. I like your
suggestion of using wastewater or even wastewater_plant as a key with the
various components as values of that key. That works better than having the
values as part of the man_made key. With 50K man_made=wastewater_plant
there are a number that could be improved in OSM if we had better tagging.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us