[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 20:39:01 UTC 2018

On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 at 21:24, bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com> wrote:

> crossing=uncontrolled had just this meaning - not controlled or
> arranged by any device but instead always negotiated in situ between
> traffic participants. [...]
>
> It should definitely not be understood as a synonym for "unmarked".
> I'll try to clarify this one on the wiki.
>
> The top web search result also confirms this interpretation of "uncontrolled":
>
> http://www.apwa-mn.org/userfiles/ckfiles/files/SafetyConsiderationsUncontrolledPedestrianCrossings.pdf

Quoting from this document:

'Safety Effects of Marked Versus Unmarked Crossings at Uncontrolled
Locations / At uncontrolled pedestrian crossing locations, installing
marked crosswalks should not be regarded as a magic cure for
pedestrian safety problems.'

An uncontrolled crossing just means a crossing without traffic lights,
thus, it can also be an unmarked crossing.

Regards
Markus