[Tagging] mast / tower / communication_tower (again)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 09:02:00 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 27. Oct 2018, at 02:27, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
>
>    A) towers that are more than for antennas, like Tokyo, Killesberg,
>    Eiffel, and other similar things that aren't really buildings but
>    which have a significant purpose beyond holding an antenna up high

I would see the building property as orthogonal, a tower may also be a building, e.g. this one is a tower and a building in my reading:

http://img.fotocommunity.com/der-rossbergturm-4-618cda5f-e616-4b48-9fc1-432e3220ccc0.jpg?width=1000

also bell towers often are buildings, as are the monumental and accessible tv towers. Also this one is an example for a building (and also a water tower): https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/f/f1/2012-07-19_Roma_EUR_Fungo_(torre_serbatoio).jpg
(has a restaurant below the tank)

Although it is not very high, I would call this one a building and a tower too: https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Einsteinturm_7443.jpg#mw-jump-to-license
(it was built for scientific research)

Cheers,