[Tagging] routes with double use hiking and bicycle

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 20:58:57 UTC 2018

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 00:22, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 2. Sep 2018, at 12:23, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  the real objects I want to describe are really double-use and not the
> superposition of two separate objects with identical geometry.
>
> +1, it is one route for both, so it would be nice to be able to model
> that.

Just for interests sake, if a route is tagged as both foot & bike, what
would it render as? In OSM, cycle paths are blue, while foot paths are red.
In OSMAND, cycle paths are blue dashes, foot paths are black dots.

Would it render as the first one you put down eg foot; bicycle = foot,
while bicycle; foot = bike?

Thanks

Graeme