[Tagging] wiki modification landuse=meadow definition

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 00:31:56 UTC 2018

On 03/09/18 10:05, Paul Allen wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 12:59 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdreist at gmail.com <mailto:dieterdreist at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     meadow in this context means land where grass and other plants
>     grow high (rather than let animals graze) so they can be cut to
>     produce hay or silage. I would not question the term landuse in
>     this case.
>

> +1

The land is not used by/forĀ  'meadow'.
It is used to produce animal_fodder .. so landuse=animal_fodder would be
a better term.

Land use should not have values of land cover but rather the land use.
This helps separate it from the cover and sets it as the use. Mixing it
with the cover than gets mappers to use things like landuse=shrub, sand,
rock etc.