[Tagging] wiki modification landuse=meadow definition

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Mon Sep 3 00:50:42 UTC 2018

> On Sep 2, 2018, at 5:41 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 3. Sep 2018, at 02:31, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The land is not used by/for  'meadow'.
>

> it is used as a meadow

There are natural meadows within the forested areas in the mountains near me. At least they look like the typical images I see of meadows and the locals call them meadows. The use is exactly the same as the use of the surrounding forest: Recreation, wild life management, etc. What is the “use” of a meadow that makes it a meadow rather than, say and area of un-mowed, un-grazed herbaceous flowers and grasses?

For what its worth, I’ve been tagging them with landcover=grass though that is not exactly correct and it is not purely grass as there are usually a bunch of flowing plants intermixed.

Cheers!